Updated: Oct 7, 2019
It's that time of year again when everything is covered in pollen!! Even those that don't usually suffer with allergies feel it and if you do have allergies you're probably pretty miserable during this time. Taking over the counter medicines can make you feel groggy, drowsy and can leave you feeling dried up. Here are the top 5 ways you can beat your allergies naturally!
1) Increase your acupuncture treatments. During this time of the year it is so important to come in for regular acupuncture treatments. Acupuncture helps to boost your immune system, improve circulation in your sinuses, clear up your congestion, help you breathe better, increase your energy, reduce dizziness and nausea, alleviate your stiff neck, stop that nagging headache and alleviate those itchy eyes. Patients that already receive regular acupuncture will notice that they will skate through allergy season without any bother!
2) Take your herbal medicine. Dr. Bartolotti makes custom Chinese herbal medicine specific to treat your allergy symptoms. Unlike medications, there are no side-effects or drowsiness and the herbs are made specific to treat your individual case. Chinese help to boost your immune system, treat your allergy symptoms and prevent them from coming back in the future.
3) Take a spoonful of local honey everyday. Visit your local farmer's market or health food store and get an organic raw local honey. By ingesting local pollens, it builds up your immune system against them so your body doesn't over-react to the environment. As a bonus, it tastes good too!
4) Use a neti-pot daily. Neti-pots or nasal washes help to flush out all the gunk in the sinuses, help you breathe clearer, alleviate allergy symptoms, relieve sinus infections and may even help reduce snoring. This one is my favorite because it is super easy to use.
5) Inhale essential oils. My favorite blend for allergies is eucalyptus radiata, tea tree oil and peppermint essential oil. This blend helps to clear your sinuses, cool your nasal passages and enhance your immune system. Add these oils to hot water, cup your hands over your cup and breathe in the oils simply add them to your diffuser. You can also add these oils to an aromatherapy inhaler to make it easy to use on the go. For your convenience, you can purchase an inhaler in our natural pharmacy! Make sure you are using therapeutic-grade essential oils to get the true benefits. To purchase individual essential oils, click here.
Are you ready to stop struggling with your allergies and start feeling great? Call 321-972-2940 to make your appointment today!