Updated: Sep 26, 2019
Spaghetti carbonara is a classic Italian favorite enjoyed by households worldwide. For those who have difficulty digesting gluten or unhealthy saturated fats, the original dish can be too heavy on the stomach. Using spaghetti squash instead of a pasta base and all-natural ingredients, you can enjoy a Paleo-friendly, home-cooked Italian meal!
2 tbsp cold-pressed organic coconut oil
1 tomato, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
16 oz organic tomato sauce
1 lb Ground beef
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Slice spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste.
3. Place squash in baking pan cut side down. Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender and can be pierced all the way through with a fork.
4. Let squash cool. Use fork to separate squash into pasta "strands."
1. Heat coconut oil in skillet. When hot, add ground beef.
2. Cook ground beef until lightly browned.
3. Add tomato sauce and chopped vegetables.
4. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and serve.