Updated: Sep 28, 2019
Some days you just crave chocolate. Box mixes or even homemade brownie recipes call for over-processed ingredients, including artificial sugars and wheat-based flours that can lead to bloating, stomach upset, and increased blood sugar.
With 4 simple, natural ingredients, you can whip up a quick batch of fudgy, satisfying brownies in about 30 minutes! This recipe is Paleo-friendly and gluten-free.
Sweet Potato Brownie Bites (makes 6)
1 cup mashed sweet potato (1-2 whole sweet potatoes)
1/2 cup creamy cashew butter (can also substitute almond butter)
2 TBSP pure maple syrup
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin/cupcake pan and set aside.
2. Microwave sweet potato(es) for 5 minutes. Turn and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Cut open sweet potato and scoop out the insides. Blend using blender or food processor until completely smooth.
4. Mix cashew butter and maple syrup until completely combined.
5. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix very well.
6. Divide mixture evenly into muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.